Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Help with Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

When I try to launch it from Steam, it says "Preparing to launch Deus Ex: Human Revolution" and eventually that window goes away, but the game never comes up. I've tried various fixes, like creating a new user on Windows and trying it from there, but that doesn't work. I've deleted the game and redownloaded it, but it doesn't work. I've also noticed a bunch of "dxhr_620_crash_2011_8_23T20_14_29C0.mdm鈥?type files in the game's folder. Here are the specs.



Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz

4.0 GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Windows 7 64-bitHelp with Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
Hey I HAD the same exact issues as you seem to be having! And I pretty much have nearly the same specs, so I remembered to come back here to help you out since I was glad that I wasn't the only one with the problem and because I figured it out.

If you've already made sure that your drivers are up-to-date (like I did) and already tried re-downloading/re-installing the game (like I did...) and whatever else, then I think the answer to your question is the next step:

Since you have 64-bit like me, browse to this extension:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Then scroll down to (or just start typing) "atiadlxy.dll" and change the ".dll" part to ".bak"!!!
So in the end it should say "atiadlxy.bak"

Now try launching the game again in Steam!!! It should work!!
I spent pretty much an ENTIRE day on trying to get this game to work and turns out it's a tiny file name somewhere that I had to change that wasn't even part of the game but more so part of the system ...
So I hope this fix works for you! Let me know if it doesn't.

OTHERS: If anyone else is stuck but have 32-bit Windows then go to (C:\Windows\System32) instead and change "atiadlxx.dll" to "atiadlxx.bak"!! Then try launching the game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment