Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Half-Life 1 or Deus Ex, which should I buy?

I greatly enjoyed HL2 and its one of my favorite fps games, but PC gamer named Deus Ex as its top pc game of all time, that has to count for something, I only have $10. Another question is, should I just save my money for starcraft 1 or diablo 2, if so, then which?Half-Life 1 or Deus Ex, which should I buy?
HL1 is an FPS with some platform elements.

Unlike HL2, HL1 has significantly more puzzles (you'll notice a few that seem similar, and think how much of a rip off the 'version' in HL2 is). And more complex puzzles.



Also, my biggest gripe of HL2 is how you just keep walking forwards. HL1 suffers similarly, but you also traverse back many times, or will stay in a general area. HL1 makes its levels feel more WHOLE while HL2 just wants you to get out of them.



Not to mention, the Hazardous Environment Suit will ACTUALLY repel radiation (unlike HL2 where it... is just a combat vest)









Deus-Ex is also not an FPS, but it has this whole "conspiracy" angle, as well as having a plethora of "book content" (meaning the game is better if you read). As I said, it's not really an FPS. It makes stealth far too easy and direct confrontation far too hard. *Though direct confrontation gets easier as the game progresses, stealth remains insanely over powered (in part due to bad AI but...)





Diablo II is "kind of fun" but is geared at the hardcore group... and suffers seriously unbalanced classes. (Barb is easy mode, Sorc is impossible mode [you will fear elemental resistances], Amazon is WTF mode [you don't kill fast enough without strafe... but you don't get any of the "coolness" with it], Necro is fun and deadly... but is easy to kill without summons, and pally is "why the hell would I want to play this")



It's fun, but the content is very weak and can be quite repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment